Thursday, January 28, 2016

autumn redux


I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine 
by staying in the house. 
So I have spent almost all the daylight hours 
in the open air. 
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

How about a 'Throw back Thursday' post on this rainy January day?!

I love photographing the St. John's bridge in Portland, OR. 
It is iconic.

Every fall I seek out a venue from Cathedral Park 
that showcases the bridge framed by fall leaves.

This image is from an afternoon of leaf peeping on my birthday in October 2015. 
I was in a different part of the park than prior years.
I think it pays to revisit the same area more than once.
I will go to this park several times every autumn just
to watch the leaves change and fall over time.
That's always a thrill for this dyed in the wool autumn girl!
More practically, you learn which perspectives work, and which ones don't.
After all these years, I was delighted to find a fresh point of view.

FujiXT1 ISO 640 f/8.0 1/100sec XF18-135mm (112mm EFL)


No comments:

Post a Comment