Monday, January 11, 2016

perception


While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph 
can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, 
there is another in which it proves to us 
how little our eyes permit us to see.
~ Dorothea Lange

I wanted to change things up a bit when processing this image. 
I turned it 180 degrees and what were once branches reaching skyward,
became 'roots'.

I'm not a philosopher, so I will just leave it at that.

I like to process my images. Sometimes I do very little,
and sometimes I add textures and such.
 I like to see if there is another story to tell or another mood I can
evoke via processing that may not have been in the original image.
And sometimes, when I'm very lucky, the image SOOC is just what I wanted!

FujiXT1 ISO 200 f/2.8 1/75 sec  XF35mm (53mm EFL)


No comments:

Post a Comment